|How To Apply Rub-On-Transfers (Rub-On-Decals)
**Make sure you start with a clean surface**
- The design is printed on a "carrier sheet".
- The sticky back is covered by a "clear backing".
- Do not separate these two sheets.
- Cut out the design you want. Cut through both sheets.
- Remove the clear backing from that design only.
- Set the clear backing aside. YOU WILL NEED IT LATER.
- Place your design face up on the surface to which you would like to apply it.
- Do this carefully, as the design will stick wherever you place it.
- It will be face up and in full color, so you can see exactly what you are doing.
- Smooth it down with a long straight edge like that of an ice cream stick.
- Now, lift one corner of the carrier sheet and hold on to it with your fingers.
- Rub towards this corner with the short edge of your applicator (ice cream stick).
- Concentrate on rubbing down the edges of the design, to start the transfer process.
- You just need to rub gently.
- Once the edge is rubbed down, BEL INC's quick-release quality will help you.
- Just keep lifting the corner of the carrier sheet as you rub, paying special attention to the edges of the design as you go.
- Once your design is completely transferred, discard the carrier sheet.
- Locate the clear backing you set aside.
- Take it in your hand and gently rub it over the design to smooth it perfectly on to the surface.
- This is much easier than it might sound. Just follow through the steps once and you will get the hang of it. You'll see! HAVE FUN!
|Helpful Rub-On-Transfers Application Tips
- Do not worry if you miss transferring a piece of the design. Since it is face up and in full color as you work, you can always reposition the carrier sheet over the design you have applied, and complete the transfer.
- If you have applied a design element and you want to remove it, simply "lift" it with a piece of transparent tape. It is best to do this before "finishing" with the tissue backing. You will not be able to re-use the design.
- For maximum durability, once applied, allow your Rub-On Transfers to "cure" for 48 hours to assure a thorough bond to the surface.
- If you are applying the rub-on decals to candles then make certain that you wipe the candles down using a spritz of window cleaner and paper towel. Allow the candle to dry thoroughly. Then begin the rub-on application. By cleaning the candle this way you will eliminate the normal greasy surface of the candle and your rub-on will adhere with ease.